Being approved and funded by your mortgage lender is a major component, unless purchasing with cash of course. So, here is my friendly reminder to all those under contract awaiting your closing…follow these 7 don’ts when purchasing your new Atlanta home so you’ll have a successful real estate purchase.
- Don’t change your employment status.
- Don’t make any major purchases (cars, furniture, home theatre systems, vacations, etc.)
- Don’t increase your credit card debt or miss any payments.
- Don’t change bank accounts or make undisclosed large deposits.
- Don’t apply for a credit card, cosign a loan, or make a credit inquiry.
- Don’t spend money you have set aside for closing – not any!
- Don’t delay in providing all paperwork asked for by the mortgage company.