When you are fit and mobile, not much thought goes into a set of stairs to climb to get your bedroom. But when health issues present themselves, what seemed like nothing is just the opposite, a huge task to overcome. Whether you are suffering from knee problems, balance issues, disability, lack of strength, or plain maturity, adjustments need to be made so that you can get a good night’s rest.
So what to do?
1) Install a chair lift up the staircase: rough cost is 3k to 10k, depending.
2) Install an elevator: elevator cost is roughly 20k plus renovation cost and ability to create the shaft.
2) Renovate your current home to create a master suite on the main: here in Atlanta, the cost is anywhere from 40k and upward.
3) Sell your home and purchase a ranch, cluster home, or condo: buy with cash equity from the proceeds of the sale, and or, secure a new mortgage.
4) Sell your home and move into an adult / condo community, if age requirement is met: cash out equity and pay monthly for the lease.
The good news is that you will have a better quality of life, in any of these scenarios.
In order to decide the plan best for you, a market evaluation of your current property is essential to know the value and how it will impact your finances.
Contact us today for a free market analysis so that you can make the best and most informed decision.