Brookhaven is the largest city in DeKalb County and boasts a city/suburban lifestyle with access to premier shopping, fine dining, parks and recreation and the arts. It is home to Oglethorpe University and Georgia State University satellite campus for the Robinson College of Business MBA. Brookhaven’s location along with the Brookhaven MARTA station allows residents easy access to other areas of Atlanta. Brookhaven real estate offers residents a variety of options.
Brookhaven Real Estate
Brookhaven is one of the Atlanta metro area’s more affluent suburbs, with many historic homes. Neighborhoods are a mix of bungalows, Georgian estates, Colonial Style, midcentury ranch homes, and new construction homes.
The suburb of Brookhaven is broken up into six communities:
- Lenox Park: used to be a country club and was re-purposed to create a residential and commercial community
- Historic Brookhaven: mostly residential and has preserved a great deal of Brookhaven’s history
- Brookhaven Village: an urban neighborhood that boosts a town center and plenty of residential homes
- Lynwood Park: a historical neighborhood that features many craftsman-style homes.
- The neighborhood of Peachtree Rd.: mainly a commercial and developmental area, with a variety of residential areas
- North Brookhaven: residential area that features mostly subdivisions and has a variety of parks.
Life in Brookhaven
Brookhaven has a great deal of leisure activities to offer its residents. For golf lovers, The Capital City Country Club and The Peachtree Golf Club are both located within Brookhaven. Town Brookhaven brings residents together. It is a state-of-the-art mixed-use development, which includes dozens of restaurants, shops and services, a fitness center and a movie theater. Favorite local restaurants include Haven, The Flying Biscuit Cafe and Valenza. World-class shopping at Phipps Plaza, Lenox Square Mall and The Shops Buckhead Atlanta are just moments away.
The city hosts many events including Brookhaven Arts Festival, the Cherry Blossom Festival, The Brookhaven Chili Cook-off, Brookhaven Beer Fest and the Farmers Market.
The Dekalb County School System serves Brookhaven residents.
- Elementary Schools
- Middle and High Schools
- Private schools in the area: